Kopywriting Kourse by AppSumo
Soooo you’ve read articles online about improving conversion rates by changing headlines and copy.
It’s true… it does work. I’ll show you:
- AppSumo is a web-based company that constantly improves its users lives through strategic discounts on needed products for startups and business users-or-
- This fat-ass Sumo sends you one MASSIVE money-saving deal on tech stuff for startups (like apps and software)… everyday.
- Which one was easier to understand (and possibly more offensive)?
- You’re right, the second one. That’s ’cause it doesn’t contain all the bloated “buzzwords” most businesses use. I mean, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WRITE LIKE THAT?
- Ok ok, the above example was a cheap-shot example. How about some proof that words on the page make MORE MONEY? How ’bout this for proof:
- There was an article in the New York Times called “Groupon’s Fate Hinges on Words”.
- The article goes on to say how Groupon is OBSESSIVE over what they write on their deal pages… because after millions of split tests, they’ve shown that the right words can DRAMATICALLY INCREASE THEIR CONVERSION RATES (aka mo’ monaaayy when they send out a deal).
- Ok, so one of the fastest growing companies ever places MASSSSSIVE emphasis on the words on the page.
- This tells us words MIGHT be important… uber important.
- Now there is a well-documented science behind writing like this. Many people attempt to write in this fashion, but don’t know how to sell correctly.
- Biggg mistake young Sumo-ling.
- Fortunately there are formulas, tricks and tactics to use that will change even the most BS-marketing-sounding copy into stuff people listen to, understand, and are persuaded to buy.
- The Chief “Non-Boring Writing Because Boring Writing Sucks” Sumo