Transgender & Gender Non-Binary (TGNB) Adult Clients – DIANNE GOTTLIEB (Digital Seminar)
In this paragraph, are you working with clients who are questioning their gender identity, already out in the community, possibly living a stealth life, or have just recently come to the realization that they are transgender? Or maybe you are curious about working with this population though feel unsure because you’re unfamiliar with the unique terminology and clinical needs? This course is for you!
Firstly, gender therapist Dianne Gottlieb, MS, LMFT, will show you how to create a safe and respectful therapeutic environment in which clients can navigate their way through their very personal transition process on the way to living an authentic life.
Secondly, in this recording, she will share over 15 years of clinical experience along with her uniquely personal story of how she learned first-hand what compassion, respect, and acceptance truly mean for an individual who identifies as transgender.
however, leave behind your preconceived ideas about what is masculine and feminine and open your heart and mind to developing an understanding of what it is like to not adhere to the traditional binary concept of gender.
Moreover, this information-packed program will leave you with the confidence to implement effective treatment strategies for working with transgender and gender non-binary adult clients. Don’t miss out on the chance to expand the clinical populations you serve!
Firstly, AVOID COMMON MISTAKES & CREATE A GENDER-AFFIRMING ENVIRONMENT
- Confusing sex with gender
- Multiple roles of ally, resource, educator, & advocate
- Using a Gender-Affirming Therapy Model
- Create a TGNB inclusive intake form & office environment
- Respectful gender-appropriate language
Secondly, UNDERSTAND GENDER IDENTITY FORMATION
- Gender identity and gender expression
- Possible causes of Gender Dysphoria
- Consider intersex condition
- Challenge the binary gender spectrum
- Learn the latest gender identity terminology
- Working with gender questioning clients
Thirdly, PSYCHOSOCIAL ASSESSMENT OF TGNB CLIENTS
- Critical assessment questions
- When to diagnosis Gender Dysphoria
- Effectively assess for co-existing mental health disorders
- Evaluate for suicidality & self-harm
- Identify supportive individuals
- Explore feelings of internalized transphobia
Fourthly, UNIQUE ADVERSITIES TGNB CLIENTS FACE
- Prepare a safety letter
- Microaggressions & systemic discrimination
- Intimate partner violence & HIV
Then, HELP CLIENTS NAVIGATE SEX IN AN INCONGRUENT BODY
- Sexual orientation and the TGNB client
- Genital dysphoria and sexual activity
- Reframing sexual organs
Additionally, STAGES OF TRANSITION & COMING OUT
- Non-medical transition steps
- Create a transition timeline
- Who, when, and how to tell others
- Help families process the news
- Create a support system
Lastly, ADDRESS MEDICAL & LEGAL TRANSITION GOALS
- Therapist’s role as a “Gatekeeper”
- Informed Consent Model of treatment
- WPATH Standards of Care
- Prepare letters for hormone therapy and gender-affirmation surgeries
- Basics of gender-affirming surgeries and effects of cross-gender hormones
- Prepare clients for legal name, gender marker, & birth certificate changes
Most importantly, GAINS & LOSSES OF TRANSITIONING
- Impact on love relationships, family and friends, and changing roles
- Dating as your true self
- Potential loss of relationships, housing, employment, religion
- Changes in societal status and privilege
- Incorporate old self with new self
- Grieving process due to changes
- Unique impact of transition on the older client
- Looking at the impact of transition years later
BECOME A RESOURCE FOR TGNB CLIENTS
- Referral resources in the medical community
- Local and national TGNB-friendly resources
- WPATH’s Global Education Initiative: The Path of Certification
NLP online course
So what is NLP?
Firstly, NLP stands for Neuro-Linguistic Programming. Secondly neuro refers to your neurology;
Thirdly linguistic refers to language however, programming refers to how that neural language functions.
As a result,In other words, learning NLP is like learning the language of your own mind!
Moreover, NLP is the study of excellent communication–both with yourself, and with others.
It was developed by modeling excellent communicators and therapists who got results with their clients.
NLP is a set of tools and techniques, but it is so much more than that.
In conclusion, It is an attitude and a methodology of knowing how to achieve your goals and get results.
More Course: NLP – HYPNOSIS – PHILOSOPHY
Outstanding Course:Stuart Lichtman SSPT 1 COMPLETE (Weeks 1 -18 + BONUSES)