Simplistic Mobility Method by Tom Morrison
No equipment needed. Nothing fancy. No big words. Just great drills with simple explanations.
The Simplistic Mobility Method is an easy to follow program designed to:
- Make you aware of any postural or strength imbalances you may have
- Teach you how to test your body and why it is important to assess these things regularly
- Give simple, clear instructions for movements which you should be able to perform before thinking about any kind of weight training
- Enhance your overall awareness so that you know the warning signs of injury in future if you are training to perform at your best
- Put mobility/flexibility into the areas that you need it and stability into the areas that you don’t! Yes, it’s possible to be too flexible in certain places.
- Be accessible: No equipment needed. Nothing fancy. No big words. Just great drills with simple explanations. PLUS bonus content!
Got questions? Scroll to the bottom of the page for some FAQs
With the SMM, you can easily discover and work on imbalances that may have been holding you back for years. Many of you will have a ‘dodgy hip’, ‘weak shoulder’, ‘bad back’, etc, because of injury, general training or just from life that keeps coming back and affecting your performance.
What you get:
- A comprehensive set of videos demonstrating the Tests and Exercises in real time with Tom and Jenni for you to easily learn and avoid common mistakes – no equipment required!
- A PDF containing the Simplistic Mobility Method program which will help rebalance and retrain your body PLUS the tests that you will be using to measure your progress
- The PDF also contains instructions of how to use it, extra information and the reasoning behind the exercises
- A Cheat Sheet which takes you through all the exercises in extra detail, showing you exactly which muscles are targeting with extra tips and things to look out for!
- Daily access, feedback and support from the SMM Facebook group and Tom Morrison
- An extra video containing BONUS exercises for those with access to resistance bands, kettlebells and juggling balls!
I want everyone to know that it is not okay to be in pain all or most of the time.
And what’s more, you don’t have to be: many instances of long term pain are easily fixed, imbalances resolved and wear-and-tear reversed. Your body is a powerful machine that is capable of many things, and if you are experiencing recurring pain, weakness after injury, body imbalances or general immobility, it’s time to take action.
Check out the amazing progress below of the ‘Deep Lunge’ test from Jennifer, a member of the Simplistic Mobility Method group!
She had surgery on her right hip in 2011 and since then she says that nothing has ever worked to get it to open or increase its flexibility before:
“Some before and after shots. I am currently on Day 11 of 14 of the SMM program. First picture is the beginning test on day 1. […] [in the second picture] you can see that on the right side hip (my bad hip), I can now get my arm to the floor. And that’s before I do the program for the day!
My lower back pain that I used to get in the morning is gone. Thanks Tom for all your support, especially over messenger to help me with my overthinking the positions!”
Day 1 – Deep Lunge test Failed. Elbow at mid shin level displaying a great level of tightness in the right hip
Day 8 – Deep Lunge test Passed! Elbow to the floor, right hip much more open and mobile, which has eliminated Jennifer’s low back pain
Some more feedback from an amazing SMM’er!
I wanted to say thank you for sharing your Simplistic Mobility Method. I love (hate) it!!
I came across you purely by accident whilst researching burpee technique. I found your “what you think you look like doing Crossfit…” video and it made me laugh so much. It progressed to watching other videos. I started doing your daily morning video and then bit the bullet and got the SMM.
So, having been doing this for 6 straight days now, it is the best thing ever! I’m pretty sure that you can hear some choice words all the way over there in Lisburn…I’m originally from Enniskillen but now living in North Carolina. When it comes to the deep lunges, let’s not go there!! They bring a little tear to my eye. But I love how I feel after it all. Pretty much after day 2, I was much more mobile.
A long standing shoulder issue has been bothering me for months after overusing it whilst swimming. I saw your videos with the bands around the stair banister and did that. Two days later, no more shoulder pain! Have been doing it consistently a million bajillion times like you said. Every time I walk past the stairs, I grab the band and stretch and circle. Day 5 and counting 🙂
I look forward to hearing from you. I’m telling everyone I know to look you up! Thank you again. If you do a follow up with SMM 2, I’ll be first in line to get it!”
Carolyn is a great example of someone with a range of built up injuries from training and some long standing imbalances, yet with a bit of dedication she has smashed all the tests and reaped the benefits! Here’s what she had to say:
“After reading one of Tom’s mobility articles on T-Nation, I looked him up on social media. I liked what he had to say and wanted to see if there was any more I could learn from him. It was there that I found his Simplistic Mobility Method.
I had hit a massive wall in my training; or rather the wall smacked me in the face. I had been chasing numbers, letting my mobility and flexibility slip big time, and I had a few injuries – hamstring tendonitis, tight hip flexors and tennis elbow. I knew I had to do something about how my body was working. I saw the results of some of the people who were already practicing the Simplistic Mobility Method and I was intrigued. They seemed to have had almost immediate results. I wanted that!!
I purchased a copy; I couldn’t wait to get started. I did the tests and, as I had suspected, my mobility was very poor in areas, especially the hips when I took the deep lunge test. I made the decision to commit to myself to prioritise this (as, after all, who doesn’t want an impressive squat and deadlift technique)!!
It took a little longer for me but I wasn’t giving up. After 10 weeks of following the Simplistic Mobility Method I was able to get my left arm to the floor when taking the deep lunge test. 2 weeks after that I was able to get my right arm down to the floor also.
My mobility has improved in all other areas too and this has fed into my training. My body feels stronger, I feel like I have added 2 inches to my height and I am sleeping like a log. Recovering from the tight body showed me how constricted I actually was. Now my squat and deadlift techniques are much improved and I can squat below parallel without pain.
The Simplistic Mobility Method is one of the best investments I have ever made. No more chasing numbers but quality movement instead. It’s amazing the way Tom has put the exercises together so they flow into each other and open up the whole body.
I really can’t recommend the Simplistic Mobility Method highly enough!! Do it now!!”
– Carolyn Harvey, ISA Nutrition
Learning about your body is the best tool you can have, and the best way to get rid of aches, pains and niggles that you may have given up hope of getting rid of.
You can also use SMM if you have plateaued: can’t quite get that new PR? Improving hip function, recreating balance between your shoulders or getting your obliques to work properly may be the vital bit of training you have been missing.