The Charge Activation Training by Anodea Judith
Expand your energy, accelerate your personal evolution, and build your capacity to access the full spectrum of your life force.
At the heart of healing and indeed, much of our enjoyment of life, is energy.
Through the ages it’s been called by many names: prana, chi, ki, libido, orgone energy, elan vitale. It’s at the foundation of Chinese medicine, yoga, holistic health practices and martial arts.
Bestselling author Anodea Judith calls it CHARGE, which offers us an illuminating acronym: Consciousness Having a Really Genuine Experience.
When you have a charge, you know it. You may be scared, excited, sexually aroused or feel like you’re about to cry. You may also have difficulty handling the “charge” in an argument. Perhaps you’re frequently anxious and don’t know quite what to do with your charge.
Or, you’re the kind of person who doesn’t have enough charge — tasks seem overwhelming, you feel tired and sluggish or simply depressed.
Charge is the source of our basic aliveness. It powers our lives, just like electricity runs our computers. We can use our charge in positive and healthy ways, or we can block it or squander it — both approaches will significantly impact your mental, emotional and physical health as well as your worldly success.
Childhood traumas and difficulties teach us to block our charge. Over time, we become unbalanced, with either too much or too little charge, which undermines our ability to function at our optimal capacity.
When we learn to balance, open and integrate our charge, we experience deep healing. Indeed, charge may be the single most important capacity we can build when it comes to our personal health and empowerment — as well as for our relationships and careers.
Holistic practitioners sometimes refer to working with our charge as “energy management,” but they often don’t offer much insight into what it takes to develop, sustain and optimize our charge.
That’s because charge is an emerging area for practice — one that goes beyond traditional health disciplines into realms of psychology and spirituality while still being grounded in our bodies and emotions.
Charge is the missing link in Mind-Body healing. It is at the core of every trauma and blockage, uniting our psyche with our bodies, and our emotions with our soul.
Tapping into and managing your life force appropriately requires you to cultivate the ability to be in the center of your charge, no matter what’s happening. This center rises up and down your core, where the energy centers known as the chakras reside.
You can think of your core like the main pipeline that brings water into your home. If there are blockages, you’re only given a trickle of water to perform the most essential household tasks. That’s why opening and balancing your core energy is essential to your body and being.
Caring for Your Energy System
Caring for your internal energy system is every bit as critical as making sure the water in your home is delivered safely and properly where it’s needed. When you have kinks in your hoses, blockages in your drains, or leaks in your pipes, you not only waste water, you risk disaster.
If your energy system is out of whack, you may experience:
- A lack of groundedness
- Emotional wounds that don’t seem to heal
- Diminished energy, love and joy
- Difficulty with finances
- Body issues, such as too much or too little weight
- Lackluster sex
- Blocks to your power and to your gifts
- Tension or conflict in relationships
- Wobbly spiritual connection
- Confusion over right action and direction
Understanding and working with charge in your system allays many of these issues and helps strengthen and balance your energy, which is at the core of thriving in your life — living from your center, inspired and “in the flow” much more of the time.
As you master your charge, your capacity for intimacy increases, as does your confidence at work, your physical vitality, and your sense of connection with the natural world.
You are literally “lit up” by plugging into the never-ending source of energy in the universe.
So how do you plug in?
The Charge Activation Training is designed to take your understanding of energy, psychology and embodiment to the next level. You’ll discover how to take practical steps to enhance your health, relationships and work — and receive insights and practices you can use with clients or apply to yourself in even the busiest or most stressful situations.
The Charge Activation Training is akin to a 60,000 mile tune-up for your body, emotions and mind. It offers deep clearing, aligning, opening and balancing of the energies at your core, positioning you on a better trajectory for navigating life.
These energies are symbolized in the East by chakras — spinning wheels of energy that run up and down your spine.
For millennia, yogis have recognized the chakras as the mechanism for translating the undifferentiated energy of the universe into the unique and beautiful expressions of your body, emotions, heart, voice and mind.
As we grow up, we’re more prone to create constrictions in these energy centers. For instance, if we assert ourselves and were punished for this, our power center may close down.
That’s how our psychology gets tangled up with our energy systems and bodies.
Trauma, fears and negative experiences can lead to long-term imbalances in your energy system that manifest into insecurity, anger, stress or disease.
Just as a periodic detox of your physical body can restore your health, a cleanse of your energetic body can open new possibilities for vitality, creativity and joie de vivre.
Powering Up With a Master Teacher
Anodea Judith has spent her life studying life force patterns. She’s a world-renowned workshop leader, somatic psychotherapist, writer and teacher on chakras, healing and yoga.
In The Charge Activation Training, Anodea will transform the way you think about your energy, emotions and mind. You’ll receive a new paradigm for energetic, physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual healing that you can apply to your own life or in your work with clients.
After nearly 40 years of teaching on the interface of psychology, energy and consciousness, and writing what are considered definitive books on our energy system (including Wheels of Life and Eastern Body, Western Mind), Anodea knows precisely how to optimize your charge — and the pitfalls to watch out for along the way.
She’ll offer powerful insights and practices from her latest work on charge, whichcan advance the charge in your system and further awaken your consciousness. During these seven months, you’ll be actively mentored by Anodea and develop life-affirming, energy-building methods that can shift the whole baseline of your life.
Rewire Body, Emotions, Mind & Soul
This journey, designed to be completed over 7 months, offers you a psycho-spiritual makeover — a path that will align your inner and outer worlds so you can experience greater aliveness, power and connection in every moment.
As you cleanse, balance and align your whole energy system, you become a better conductor of charge.
Many systems of personal transformation focus on the distortions, issues and kinks in your personal psychology. But few teachings deal with your energy system as a whole, and show you how you can create a sacred balance and integration of all levels of your being.
As you integrate and align your energy systems to optimize your charge, your core mission can be more joyfully expressed in the service of the people you’re here to guide, teach, heal or inspire.
Practical Energetic Healing
Many people who work in the healing arts — yogis, therapists, teachers, coaches and bodywork practitioners — have a superficial understanding of our energetic system. In particular, they aren’t trained in the psychology of energy.
This 7-month program will give you practical teachings for your personal growth or for use in your healing work with others, including:
- How to expand your “comfort zone” of charge to integrate the full spectrum, from quiet or meditative to ecstatic
- Working with charge through your chakras and diagnosing where charge is getting blocked in your energy system
- Understanding how charge moves in different character structures. For example, the “Schizoid” character structure is prone to getting overcharged, while the “Oral” is undercharged
- How to use your body as a storage battery for charge and store the optimal amount
- Why charge is essential for healing any trauma you may be carrying
- Handling charge in relationships so that it doesn’t pull people apart
- How charge can give you greater access to satisfying, deep and flowing emotions
- Ways to harness charge for a more exciting and fulfilling sex life
- Practices (both physical and spiritual) to awaken and balance each chakra
- Insights into any emotional and spiritual wounds so you can release blocked energy and heal
- How to work with charge with your clients physically, emotionally and spiritually
The Charge Activation Training offers a rare opportunity to be guided and inspired by Anodea Judith. She’s sold over a million books and DVDs and has built a reputation as a leading teacher for a reason: Her practical methods work. They’re grounded in our bodies, sophisticated about our psychology, and aligned with our souls.
What You’ll Discover in These 5 Modules
Anodea will guide you through time-tested techniques for aligning, balancing, opening and healing the natural flow of energy in your system.
Each teaching, discussion and training session will build harmoniously upon the next so that you’ll develop a holistic understanding of the practices, tools and principles you’ll need to manifest clear, consistent and life-affirming energy. And you’ll be given specific exercises and practices to deepen your experience.
Module 1: Understanding the Psychology of Your Life Force
What is charge and how do you use it for healing?
This first module covers the foundation for understanding and working with charge. What is charge? How do you track it? What happens when it’s blocked (or unblocked)? Plus, how to identify your “comfort zone” and why it’s important to expand it.
Through the principles of energy theory and practical exercises, students are introduced to an entirely new way of thinking about and experiencing energy and life force.
In this 4-part foundational module, you’ll discover:
- The relationship between charge and your inner world
- Charge as the primary interface between your mind and body
- Ways to track charge in yourself and others
- Methods for charging and discharging
- The continuous “charge-discharge cycle” and how to keep it fluid
- Where your charge is blocked and unblocked
- Your charge comfort zone and how to expand it at will
- The keys to healing through “binding the charge” vs. “harvesting the charge”
- Valuable exercises to increase your charge for more energy
- Methods of decreasing your charge when you need to calm down
Module 2: Turning the Wheels That Heal Charge & the Chakras
This module is a comprehensive exploration of the entire Chakra System. You’ll discover exactly how the chakras receive, assimilate, store and transmit charge and how to diagnose and rebalance excessive or deficient levels of charge in each chakra. The eighth session of this module will focus Kundalini and putting the chakras all together.
In this 8-part module, you’ll explore in depth:
- Chakra One: honing your survival instincts and the fight or flight response
- Chakra Two: expanding your pleasure and managing your emotions
- Chakra Three: increasing your energy and finding your power
- Chakra Four: opening to deeper love
- Chakra Five: finding your creativity in communication
- Chakra Six: expanding your intuition and boosting your imagination
- Chakra Seven: how meaning creates beliefs; charging new beliefs and discharging old ones
- How each chakra can hold excessive or deficient amounts of charge and how to bring them into balance
- Handling the charge of Kundalini
- Putting all the chakras together for balance and harmony
Module 3: Releasing Patterns of Trapped Charge Charge & Character Structure
Unreleased charge becomes body armor and personality defenses. At different stages of childhood, children learn various skills in handling their charge. Failure at these particular stages, whether from neglect, abuse, trauma or any other reason, creates distinct patterns in the personality that are also evident in the body.
Famed Austrian psychoanalyst, Wilhelm Reich, identified basic character structures that manifest as predictable patterns in the body, behavior and thinking. Understanding character structures helps you understand the way that each type “binds” their charge and how best to help people with that structure to free their charge.
In this 6-part module, you’ll discover:
- How to identify five basic character types according to how they store charge
- How to use grounding techniques for the Schizoid/Creative structure
- Practices for moving the Oral/Lover structure past overwhelm and collapse and into a more relaxed and receptive state
- Ways to free the Masochistic/Endurer structure from drudgery and “have-to’s”
- How to guide the Rigid/Achiever structure to relax and come to deeper self acceptance
- Practices to calm the aggression of the Challenger/Defender structure
- Diagnosing through Multiple Structures/Overlays and Underlays
Module 4: Healing Trauma & Illness
Trauma is a high-charge situation that disrupts the normal flow of life force. Often in trauma the charge is “frozen” and can no longer be accessed, leading to dysfunctional patterns we know as PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder).
This module examines the role that charge plays in trauma and how to safely work with its effects for permanent healing. You’ll also discover how to decode the language of the body’s symptoms and how to balance charge for physical healing.
In this 4-part module, you’ll discover how to:
- Identify incidents of trauma and developmental trauma in terms of the role of charge and the nervous system
- Understand what happens to charge in trauma and PTSD, and how to release charge incrementally in safe, discrete amounts
- Thaw out the freeze response responsibly and effectively without re-traumatizing
- Re-negotiate traumatic memories for positive results
- Harvest the charge of trauma for creative use
- Learn to shift your relationship to illness with special guest, Dr. Elson Haas, a pioneer of integrative, holistic medicine
Module 5: Liberating Your Charge for Relationships, Spirituality & Society
Now that you understand charge in yourself and others, we look at how charge plays out in the realm of relationships, from the initial attraction between two people, playing with sexual charge, charge in arguments, and how children handle and respond to charge.
Finally, we look at the role charge plays in religious and political movements, wars, new ideas, and group dynamics.
In this 4-part module, you’ll discover:
- How to keep the charge of initial attraction going in long-term relationships
- Techniques to help balance charge for a satisfying sex life
- Ways of defusing the charge in arguments and misunderstandings
- Guidance that can help children handle charge
- What happens to a child who receives an adult’s out-of-control charge
- How getting past your blocks brings you the full charge that’s the core of spiritual experience
- How charge fuels politics and social change and how to use it effectively to help shift the world